Is Whey Protein Good for Weight Loss

0
312

Whey protein is one of the most important and popular sources of protein available in the market. But is it good for weight loss if taken in the right quantity?

We all have heard the name Whey Proteins from health and fitness enthusiasts all over the world. Whey protein helps in gaining new muscle in the body but does it help in losing that extra weight too? 

It does help in weight loss but along with whey protein, workout is also important. Protein is the most important nutrient in the body when it needs to grow. Protein powder is present in a powder form and is usually taken by mixing it with water. In reality, whey is a by-product of milk which is left behind when manufacturing cheese. Whey is a complete protein consisting of all 22 amino acids required by our body from external sources. If you consume whey protein regularly, it helps you in gaining muscle mass while losing fat at the same time. But the main point is that how much affective is whey protein in losing weight. Is whey protein going to help you shed those extra kilos?

Traditional wisdom tells us that increasing the daily protein intake produces a significant impact on our body weight. But to do that, is whey protein the best choice in proteins out in the market? According to doctors, whey protein is one of the best protein sources to be included in the daily intake of food, especially if you are a vegetarian. The main reason for that is that there is a limited amount of food which contains protein if you are a vegetarian and limited dietery options to choose from. This is where whey protein comes into play. It completes the need of protein without the need of going towards meat and other non-vegetarian sources. 

Some health benefits of Whey Protein

Whey protein has a lot of benefits regarding health issues as it reduces the cholesterol level in the blood while also keeping the blood pressure and the cardio vascular issues under control. As it is also low on lactose content, so people having lactose intolerance can also use it to their benefit. But just consuming whey protein and not exercising at all will not generate results. Regular exercise is needed for the whey protein to work and show results. As per the research, food has a 70 percent part in achieving the weight loss goals while the rest of 30 percent is based on exercise. 

Procedure to Consume Whey Protein for Weight Loss

According to health specialists, you should consume a little bit of carbohydrates before exercising and then have a protein rich shake post workout as it boosts the muscle building process. Moreover, a scoop of whey protein can be taken as a snack post workout or in between meals. It aids in weight loss while also stopping those hunger pangs. Another benefit of whey protein is that it digests faster than any other protein. That makes the whey protein much efficient than any other protein. A human body needs approximately around 0.75 gm to 1.75 gm per kg of the body weight per day. So, as per these quantities, whey protein assists you in the weight loss journey but only on the condition if you put in the hard work in gym.

Side Effects of Whey Protein

Whey protein has a lot of benefits but as everything has benefits, they also have side effects, Whey protein is no different as it also contains some side effects. Moderation is an important aspect when consuming whey protein. Excess whey protein does more harm than good if not taken in a small quantity. Some side effects of whey protein include indigestion, nausea, bloating, cramps, reduced appetite and fatigue. Also, whey protein if taken in excess also causes headaches and dehydration. Overconsumption of whey protein does the exact opposite of weight loss meaning it lets you gain more weight. Another common error that people do is not buying whey protein from a certified and trusted seller. Buy products like whey protein from certified vendors only. Always check the label and the expiry date of the product before you buy it.